Good news continued for game makers in 2021. According to research firm Sensor Tower, eight mobile games generated more than $1 billion from Apple App Store and Google Play Store during the year (so far). These record breaking games include both new and old titles. Here are the eight games that users spent most on in the year 2021.
Honor of Kings
Honor of Kings is a multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA) game. It is developed by Tencent Games subsidiary TiMi Studios. The game generated $2.8 billion in 2021.
Genshin Impact has generated $2.4 billion worldwide from the App Store and Google Play this year. The game was launched on September 28, 2020 and is published by miHoYo.
Roblox from Roblox Corporation
Ranked at number 4, Roblox from Roblox Corporation earned $1.3 billion on mobile in 2021. It is developed by Roblox Corporation.
Coin Master is a free, single-player mobile game created by Israeli studio Moon Active. It is developed by Moon Active. It generated $1.3 billion in 2021.
The game generated total revenue of $1.2 billion this year. It is developed by Niantic and has been downloaded over 1 billion times globally.
Candy Crush Saga
At number 7, the game too earned $1.2billion in 2021. The popular game is developed by King.
Garena Free Fire
The mobile game’s revenue shot past $1.1 billion in worldwide player spending to reach number 8. Free Fire is the a multiplayer survival shooter game.
- The Most Annoying iOS 16 Issues on Your iPhone and How to Fix Them « iOS & iPhone :: Gadget Hacks
- Netflix establishes an internal games studio in Helsinki, led by former Zynga GM • TechCrunch
- How to repair automated time syncing in Windows 11
- You’re in fur a treat with these games! – News
- 5 Smart Tech Gadgets That Upgrade Your Office-Life
- Black Ops 2 is One of the Best-Selling Xbox Games Right Now