Good morning and welcome to 10 Issues in Tech. If this was forwarded to you, join right here.
Let’s get began.
1. Jeff Bezos shall be flying into house together with his brother on July 20. The 2 plan to be on the primary human flight of Blue Origin’s New Shepard spacecraft. He isn’t the one one with massive plans for house exploration — this is how his concepts evaluate with Elon Musk’s and Richard Branson’s.
2. Apple simply unveiled its iOS 15 software program replace. Seemingly obtainable for obtain this fall, the replace will embrace issues like including your photograph ID or resort key to the pockets app, and upgrades to Maps and FaceTime. Check out the most important adjustments coming to iPhones.
3. Miami’s tech transplants are feuding with town’s OG tech group. A newcomer’s tweet ignited a spat between the 2 teams, and Miami’s established leaders are taking subject with newbies’ “savior complicated.” Now, Miami’s mayor is caught within the crosshairs — this is what to know in regards to the drama.
4. Your streaming invoice is about to get costlier. Because the trade consolidates and platforms are snapping up libraries of unique content material, consultants say streaming will come at the next value. How that exclusivity would possibly have an effect on your pockets.
5. Tesla is cancelling its Mannequin S Plaid Plus. In a tweet, Elon Musk introduced the corporate would not be bringing out a premium model of its new Mannequin S Plaid automobile, “as Plaid is simply so good.” Extra on that right here.
6. US authorities have recovered a “majority” of the Colonial Pipeline ransom. Although recovering ransom funds is extraordinarily uncommon, the corporate and the FBI retrieved 63.7 of the 75 bitcoins that had been paid to hackers. Get the complete rundown right here.
7. Privateness consultants are elevating considerations about Amazon’s “Sidewalk,” which launches at this time. Leaders ponder whether prospects must be involved that Sidewalk, which connects Alexa and Ring gadgets, is linking their gadgets to these owned by strangers. Here is what they’re saying.
8. Huge Tech praised the G7 deal to again a world company tax price of at the very least 15%. Fb welcomed “the vital progress made on the G7,” VP Nick Clegg instructed Insider. Learn up on the “vital, unprecedented” deal.
9. Shopify insiders stated CEO Tobi Lütke’s administration model has spurred a sudden rush of exits. Regardless of stellar development, the corporate has seen a spate of govt exits. From his micromanaging to his mood, staff say his management model has helped gas turnover.
10. Workers say Amazon Prime is a “boys’ membership” the place ladies get few promotions. One employee accused the group of being “institutionally biased towards ladies,” and 11 others stated feminine employees should not given the identical promotions or career-growth alternatives as males. An inside have a look at what ladies are calling a tradition of aggressive, male-dominated administration.
Compiled by Jordan Erb. Suggestions/feedback? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet @JordanParkerErb.
Join extra Insider newsletters right here.