This tutorial is about the How to Airplay from iPhone to Old Mac. We will try our best so that you understand this guide. I hope you like this blog How to Airplay from iPhone to Old Mac. If your answer is yes then please do share after reading this.
Check How to Airplay from iPhone to Old Mac
Apple has finally released macOS Monterey to the public. The update includes several new features, including focus mode for notifications, SharePlay, live text, and more. Another new feature is the ability to transfer AirPlay from an iPhone or iPad to a Mac without installing third-party applications. So keep reading about how we use this feature.
AirPlay is an Apple wireless protocol that was developed to stream audio and video from one device to another, for example B. Apple TV or HomePod. With macOS Monterey, users can now easily convert their Macs to AirPlay servers. In other words, you can play a song or even share your iPhone or iPad screen and cast it to your Mac.
AirPlay compatibility with Mac
AirPlay to Mac works on the following Macs with macOS Monterey (and later versions) installed:
- MacBook Pro (2018 and later)
- MacBook Air (2018 and later)
- iMac (2019 and later)
- iMac Pro (2017)
- Mac mini (2020 and later)
- Mac Pro (2019)
You can use the feature with these mobile devices:
- iPhone 7 and later
- iPad Pro (2nd generation and later)
- iPad Air (3rd generation and later)
- iPad (6th generation and later)
- iPad mini (5th generation and later).
Using AirPlay on Mac to Play Music
To play music with AirPlay on Mac:
- Tap on the Apple Music app on your device.
- Start playing content.
- Select the broadcast icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Choose the Mac compatible with AirPlay.
Using AirPlay on Mac to Play YouTube Content
To play YouTube content using AirPlay on Mac:
- Touch the YouTube application on your device.
- Start playing content.
- Select the broadcast icon.
- Choose the AirPlay compatible device.
Mirror your device using AirPlay on Mac
To mirror your device using AirPlay on Mac:
- Swipe down to access Control Center on your iPhone or iPad.
- Next, tap the Screen Mirroring box.
- Select your Mac from the list.
- When done, choose Stop Mirroring.
Older Methods to Mirror Your Apple Devices
AirPlay to Mac isn’t the only way to mirror other Apple devices to your Mac. For example, you can use Reflector 3 or Apple QuickTime to get the job done. With Reflector 3, you can wirelessly mirror one or more devices to your computer. By doing so, you can also record what is happening on your mobile device screen, add voice-over audio, and customize the recording to suit your needs.
If you don’t need to mirror your mobile device over a wireless connection, consider Apple’s built-in QuickTime app on Mac. The process involved here isn’t as slick as Reflector 3, but it’s free.
Final words: How to Airplay from iPhone to Old Mac
I hope you understand this article How to Airplay from iPhone to Old Mac, if your answer is no then you can ask anything via contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes then please share this article with your family and friends.