Again in 2019, Microsoft lastly acquired its personal system for managing Android notifications from Home windows. Since then, it has been attainable to see notifications out of your Android cellphone in your Home windows 10 or 11 PC as they arrive and to tug up your total SMS historical past together with any pending notifications on demand. You possibly can even reply to messages and compose new texts proper out of your laptop. Beforehand referred to as Your Cellphone, the Home windows app has not too long ago (and appropriately) been renamed Cellphone Hyperlink.
Right here’s the best way to get began. (These instructions assume you’ve up to date your PC to Home windows 11, however the course of will probably be comparable for Home windows 10.) You’re going to be going forwards and backwards out of your laptop to your cellphone, so get set.
First, in your Home windows laptop, be sure to have the most recent model of the Your Cellphone app:
- Open the Microsoft Retailer and seek for Cellphone Hyperlink.
- If the app isn’t already put in, set up it.
- If the app is put in, click on Open.
- You’ll be dropped at the Your Cellphone app. Click on Get began.
- You’ll be reminded of which Microsoft account you’re signed into. Except you need to swap accounts, click on Proceed.
Bought it? Good. Time to maneuver to the cellphone aspect of issues.
- You’ll be given directions on the place to go in your Android cellphone to put in the Hyperlink to Home windows app. For many telephones, you’ll sort within the internet hyperlink supplied, or you may seek for it within the Play Retailer by yourself after which set up it. If in case you have a Floor Duo or sure Samsung telephones, Hyperlink to Home windows will already be put in.
- Open the Hyperlink to Home windows app, and faucet Hyperlink your cellphone and PC.
Now, again to your laptop.
- You need to see a checkbox that claims I’ve the Hyperlink to Home windows app prepared. Test it, after which click on on Pair with QR code. You’ll get a pop-up with a QR code.
Again to your cellphone
- You need to see a field asking whether or not the QR code in your PC is prepared. Since it’s, faucet Proceed in your cellphone. Give Hyperlink to Home windows permission to take footage and report video.
- Scan the QR Code on the pc along with your cellphone. It ought to join.
- Grant the app the varied permissions it requests.
- You’ll be warned that staying related might affect your battery life. Faucet Proceed, after which both permit or deny it permission to run within the background.
- Your cellphone will inform you to examine your laptop, and your laptop will inform you that you just’re all set.
In your laptop
- You’ll be welcomed to the app and invited to pin it to your Home windows 11 taskbar. You’ll then be launched to every part you are able to do, similar to see notifications, ship textual content messages, view photographs, or make a name.
However you’re not fairly completed but. There’s only one little bit of setup left, the half that enables notifications to undergo.
- In the event you’re nonetheless within the introductory display screen, you may click on on See my notifications. In any other case, in the event you’re in the principle Cellphone Hyperlink app window, you’ll see Notifications within the left-hand menu; click on on that. You’ll be requested for permission to sync notifications.
- Click on on Open settings on cellphone. In your cellphone, it is best to have been dropped at Machine and app notifications. Discover the Hyperlink to Home windows app within the listing and activate the toggle beside it.
- Faucet Permit on the affirmation window that seems.
That’s it! Any notifications you get in your cellphone will now transfer into the Cellphone Hyperlink app. You possibly can obtain and reply to textual content messages, view your photographs, and even make calls (so long as they’re linked by way of Bluetooth). You may as well management 4 options of your cellphone by way of buttons: Do Not Disturb; Bluetooth; quantity on / off; and audio participant on / off.
Replace April 8, 2022, 11:45AM ET: This text was initially revealed on July thirtieth, 2019. It has been up to date to replicate adjustments within the app and the working system.