This tutorial is about the How to Fix ‘AirPods Won’t Connect to Mac’ Issue. We will try our best so that you understand this guide. I hope you like this blog How to Fix ‘AirPods Won’t Connect to Mac’ Issue. If your answer is yes then please do share after reading this.
Check How to Fix ‘AirPods Won’t Connect to Mac’ Issue
AirPods are one of Apple’s most popular devices. The gleaming white exterior and incredible sound experience of these compact internal sound systems can justify the above claim. Linking your AirPods to the atmosphere of your Apple devices can go a long way. But when faced with connectivity issues, it is overwhelming. Now we don’t want you to intermittently listen to music or be inattentive in a class or meeting due to connection problems with the AirPods.
It seems that connection problems are not common, but still, many users seem to have them from time to time. Your AirPods connect to other devices like your Mac via Bluetooth. And Bluetooth devices can suffer from many pairing errors. This issue can affect AirPods, AirPods 2, and AirPods Pro.
How to connect your AirPods to a Mac if you don’t use them on an iPhone
If your AirPods are not connected to your iPhone yet, you can connect them directly to your Mac anyway.
- With the AirPods in their charging case, open the lid but do not remove the AirPods.
- Press and hold the button on the back of the case until the status light starts to flash.
- On your Mac, click the Apple menu and then click “System Preferences …”
- In the System Preferences window, click on “Bluetooth.”
- In the list of devices, find the AirPods you want to pair with the Mac, and then click “Connect.”
- Once the connection is complete, the AirPods will appear at the top of the Devices list, ready to use.
If you’re having trouble connecting your AirPods, there are a few things you can try to resolve the problem: First, make sure your Mac is up to date. You need macOS Sierra or later to install 1st generation AirPods and macOS 10.14.4 or later for 2nd generation AirPods.
How to connect your AirPods to your Mac if you already use them on your iPhone
Your AirPods are designed to connect to your Mac automatically if the Mac is using the same Apple ID as your iPhone.
If this is the case:
- Open your AirPods case, just like you do to connect them to your iPhone.
- On your Mac, click the Volume icon in the menu bar at the top of your screen. It looks like a loudspeaker.
- In the “Output Device” section of this menu, select your AirPods.
If this doesn’t work, there are a couple of settings that you need to make sure are enabled. Open System Preferences by clicking the Apple icon in the menu bar and then clicking “System Preferences”.
- Make sure your Mac is logged in with the same Apple ID as your iPhone. In the System Preferences window, click on “Apple ID” to make sure you are signed in and use the same ID as your iPhone.
- Make sure Handoff is enabled. In the System Preferences window, click “General” and make sure there is a check mark next to “Allow transfer between this Mac and your iCloud devices.”
- If you don’t see the volume icon in the menu bar, you need to turn it on. In the system preferences window, click “Sound” and then click the check box next to “Show volume in menu bar.”
Final words: How to Fix ‘AirPods Won’t Connect to Mac’ Issue
I hope you understand this article How to Fix ‘AirPods Won’t Connect to Mac’ Issue, if your answer is no then you can ask anything via contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes then please share this article with your family and friends.