This tutorial is about the How to Fix ‘iPhone Keeps Disconnecting From Mac’ issue. We will try our best so that you understand this guide. I hope you like this blog How to Fix ‘iPhone Keeps Disconnecting From Mac’ issue. If your answer is yes then please do share after reading this.
Check How to Fix ‘iPhone Keeps Disconnecting From Mac’ issue
Why does iPhone suddenly keep connecting and disconnecting from Mac? There are many reasons why iPhone cannot connect to Mac stably and keeps disconnecting. The Lightning cable you are using may be a non-Apple certified cable or may be defective. Also, if you are dealing with this problem, most of the time while we are backing up iOS devices to Mac or restoring previous backup to iOS device. It can be difficult to charge the iPhone with the help of a Mac.
Some users don’t know what is displayed on Mac, you ask why my iPhone plays charging sound continuously with haptic vibration. This will cause your Mac or Windows system to hang, because your Mac / PC will automatically sync the device when enabled in the device browser in Finder or iTunes. Some Mac users ask why my iPhone / iPad is not showing up in the Finder sidebar. To solve the problems, watch the video tutorial at the end of this article.
How to fix it when iPhone keeps disconnecting from Mac
Check the basics
- The first thing to do if the iPhone connects and disconnects quickly is to check if the Lightning cable is working. To do that, reconnect the cable to the brick and see if the iPhone battery charges by plugging it into the outlet. If the battery is charging, the cable is in working condition.
- It is also possible that the USB port on the Mac is faulty. Try connecting the lighting cable to a different port.
Reset location and privacy settings on iOS
- If you haven’t connected your iPhone to your Mac for a long time, the system may have trouble trusting the device. Several users claimed that they were able to fix the iPhone fast connect and disconnect issue by resetting location and privacy settings in iOS.
- Go to iPhone Settings> Tap General> Tap Reset> Tap Reset Location & Privacy> Confirm Passcode> Tap Reset Settings.
Restart the usbd process.
- One solution to the iPhone quick disconnect issue from a Mac that has worked for many is to stop the usbd process.
- To do that, open the Terminal application from Spotlight (Command + Space) and enter the command sudo killall -STOP -c usbd. This will stop the usbd process. Now, plug in the USB cable and check if the iPhone is still charging and shutting down quickly.
- If the problem persists, disconnect the device and try another command in the Terminal application: sudo killall -CONT -c usbd. This will restart the usbd process.
- It is important to note that pausing the usbd process reduces the power output of the USB port. In other words, the device will charge slower than usual. However, the iPhone will not keep connecting and disconnecting from the Mac.
Reset SMC and / or NVRAM
- If all the fixes above don’t work, you can try resetting the SMC, which is responsible for managing the behavior of things like how much power is sent to the USB port.
- Another setting that you can reset is NVRAM, also known as non-volatile random access memory, which stores settings for quick access.
Final words: How to Fix ‘iPhone Keeps Disconnecting From Mac’ issue
I hope you understand this article How to Fix ‘iPhone Keeps Disconnecting From Mac’ issue, if your answer is no then you can ask anything via contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes then please share this article with your family and friends.