The Images app in Home windows 11 has obtained a much-awaited overhaul. It now comes with a brand new design, extra options, and higher usability. Sadly, for a lot of customers, the Images app just isn’t engaged on their Home windows 11 computer systems.
If the Images app in your pc is working gradual or not working in any respect, listed here are a number of troubleshooting steps to get it working once more.
What Can I Do if the Images App Is Not Working?
When troubleshooting this difficulty, start by restarting the Images app. Subsequent, replace the app to the newest model, run the app troubleshooter, or reset the app. As a final resort, use Microsoft PowerShell to reinstall the app.
1. Run the Home windows Retailer Apps Troubleshooter
You possibly can run the Home windows apps troubleshooter to revive the Images app to its working state. The built-in troubleshooter checks for frequent app points and recommends fixes accordingly. Right here’s the best way to use it.
- Press the Win + I to open the Settings app.
- Within the System tab, scroll down and click on on Troubleshoot.
- Subsequent, open Different troubleshooters.
- Scroll all the way down to Home windows Retailer Apps and click on the Run button.
- Anticipate the troubleshooter to scan and repair any points. Then, if required, comply with on-screen directions to use any really helpful modifications.
2. Examine for Any App Updates
Examine the Microsoft Retailer to see if a brand new replace is obtainable for the Images App. New updates convey bug fixes and efficiency enhancements.
Launch Microsoft Retailer and seek for Microsoft Images to replace the app. Subsequent, click on the Replace button to put in pending updates.
3. Reset the Images App
Home windows 11 lets you reset a built-in app with out uninstalling the app. With a fast reset, you possibly can restore the app to its default settings when the app acts up.
To reset the Images app:
- Press Win + R to open Run.
- Sort ms-settings: and click on OK to open Settings.
- Subsequent, open the Apps tab within the left pane.
- Click on on the Apps & options possibility.
- Now find the Microsoft Images app. You possibly can both carry out a search or scroll via the app record to search out it.
- Click on the three-dots menu beside the Images app and choose Superior choices.
- Scroll down and click on on the Reset button. Then, click on the Reset button as soon as extra to verify the motion.
Launch the Images app and verify for any enhancements. If the problem persists, use the Restore possibility. It lets you restore this system set up with out reinstalling the app.
To Restore the Images app, go to Begin > Settings > Apps > Apps and options. Right here, find the Images app. Then click on the three-dots menu subsequent to it and choose Superior choices.
Subsequent, scroll down and click on the Restore button to start the method. If profitable, a checkmark will seem subsequent to the Restore button.
4. Disable OneDrive Cloud-Solely Content material
Microsoft’s Images app, by default, is configured to point out cloud-only content material out of your OneDrive account. Loading massive picture collections from the cloud can decelerate the app. To hurry up the method, you possibly can cease the Images app from displaying contents from the cloud.
- Launch the Images app and look ahead to it to load.
- Subsequent, click on the three-dot menu on the high left nook and choose Settings.
- Toggle the change for Present my cloud-only contents from OneDrive and set it to Off.
- Shut and open the Images app, and it ought to load sooner than earlier than.
5. Reinstall the Images App
You possibly can reinstall the Images app to repair points triggered as a consequence of file corruption. Sadly, built-in Home windows apps don’t have the basic Uninstall button. So, we are going to use a PowerShell command to uninstall the Images app.
To uninstall the Images app:
- Press the Win key, and kind powershell.
- Proper-click on Home windows PowerShell and choose Run as administrator from the search end result.
- Within the PowerShell window, sort the next command to view an inventory of all put in apps.
- Subsequent, find the Microsoft.Home windows.Images bundle from the record. To search out the app, right-click on the PowerShell toolbar and choose Edit > Discover. Sort Microsoft.Home windows.Images and and hit enter to find the app.
- Then, copy the PackageFullName for the Images app. On this case, it seems one thing like this:
- To uninstall the app, enter the next command:
Take away-AppxPackage Microsoft.Home windows.Photos_2021.21100.20007.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
- The FullPackageName (app model) modifications with each new replace the Home windows app receives. So, it is very important discover and use the right FullPackageName to uninstall the app.
As soon as uninstalled, open Microsoft Retailer and seek for Microsoft Images. Set up the app, and it ought to now work with none points.
In the event you don’t see the Set up button for the Microsoft Images app in Microsoft Retailer, relaunch the shop app and check out once more.
6. Set up New Home windows Updates
Home windows updates comprise efficiency enhancements and bug fixes. If in case you have disabled computerized Home windows 11 updates, chances are you’ll not have the newest updates put in. Examine in case your system has any pending updates and set up them to see if that helps resolve the issue.
To put in Home windows 11 updates:
- Press Win + I to open Settings.
- Within the left pane, click on on the Home windows Replace tab.
- Then, click on on the Examine for updates button. Home windows will scan for and set up all of the pending updates.
After the replace is put in, restart your PC and verify if the Images app is working.
Fixing the Images App Not Working in Home windows 11
You are able to do so much on the brand new Microsoft Images app. It’s sooner, lets you rapidly make fundamental edits, and even verify metadata. Nevertheless, the app can at occasions fail to load pictures or cease working altogether.
Thankfully, a fast reset or reinstall can restore the Images app to its working state. Moreover, you may as well discover the Microsoft Images app alternate options. These third-party apps are much less susceptible to crashes and provide higher options.
Bored of the Home windows 10 Photograph app? Change it out for one in all these alternate options.
About The Creator