If you happen to get irritated with the variety of apps that crowd your iPhone’s dwelling display screen, you most likely welcomed a function that got here with iOS 14: the App Library, which gathers all your apps into varied classes and shows them on a separate web page to the appropriate of your own home pages.
The App Library doesn’t solely add some computerized group to your iPhone’s dwelling pages, however lets you clear up your own home display screen by hiding as many apps as you need. You possibly can hold your favorites entrance and heart, and get the extra utilitarian or less-used apps out of the way in which. (In reality, one technique to hold a clear display screen is to have all of your newly-installed apps seem in your App Library solely — we provide instructions on how to try this right here.)
If you wish to arrange your present apps by hiding a few of them, there are a number of methods to do it. You possibly can take away particular person apps from the house display screen, you possibly can cover a complete display screen of apps, or you possibly can arrange a number of apps by placing them right into a folder.
Right here’s how.
Conceal a single app
To cover particular person apps:
- Press in your chosen app till a menu seems. The menu will embrace plenty of choices, relying on the app’s options (for instance, if I press on an app for Microsoft Groups, the menu will let me make a brand new name or begin a chat). However you’ll all the time get an choice (in crimson) to take away the app. Faucet on that.
- You’ll now have the selection of deleting the app from the telephone or eradicating it from the house display screen. Choose the latter. You’ll nonetheless discover the app within the App Library.
- If the app just isn’t already within the App Library, then after you faucet “Take away App,” you’ll as a substitute be given the selection of both deleting the app or transferring it to the App Library.
Conceal a web page of apps
You too can cover a complete web page of apps — and eliminate that web page — at one blow if you’d like. And because it’s very easy to additionally restore that very same web page, it’s an effective way to cover teams of apps that you simply solely use sometimes.
- Faucet and maintain on an empty a part of your display screen till the apps start to jiggle
- Faucet on the dots on the backside of the display screen
- You’ll now have the ability to see small variations of all of your screens (besides the App Library and At this time View). Beneath every seen display screen is a checkmark; uncheck any display screen you need to cover and faucet “Carried out” within the higher proper nook.
- To “unhide” any of the screens, comply with these identical instructions and exchange the checkmark of the display screen that you simply need to see once more.
Use folders to prepare apps
You should use folders on the house display screen to assemble comparable apps collectively and save house. You received’t be utterly hiding the apps — they’ll be there. However they’ll be consolidated in a single house.
It’s quite simple to create a folder:
- Lengthy-press on an app within the dwelling display screen till the icons jiggle
- Transfer the app onto one of many different apps you need to group it with
- You’ll now have a grey icon that comprises the icons for the apps within the folder. Faucet on the icon to open the folder and entry the apps in it.
- iOS will assign a reputation to the folder relying on what apps you’ve put in it. To alter the title, long-press on the folder, and choose “Rename” from the pop-up menu. Then sort within the new title.
- To take away an app from a folder, merely open the folder, long-press the app till it jiggles, and transfer it out of the folder and to a different house on your own home display screen. If you happen to take away all of the apps from a folder, the folder will disappear.
- If you wish to eliminate a folder, you can even long-press on it and choose “Take away Folder.” Any apps that have been within the folder can then be discovered within the App Library.