This tutorial is about the How to Move all your WhatsApp data from iPhone to Android. We will try our best so that you understand this guide. I hope you like this blog How to Move all your WhatsApp data from iPhone to Android. If your answer is yes then please do share after reading this.
Check How to Move all your WhatsApp data from iPhone to Android
Updating smartphone versions can be tiring, especially when there are problems switching WhatsApp data from one device to another. It can be an even more formidable experience if you switch from an iOS device to an Android one.
With the release of the new Android 12, Google has helped make transferring your iPhone chat history to your new Android smartphone simple with the help of a USB cable.
Once connected with iPhone, the new update allows your new Android device to install Google Play applications and move SMS, iMessage history, photos, videos, contacts, calendars, etc. with prior permission.
WhatsApp chat history has photos, voice messages, videos, and conversations with friends and family that can also be transferred between different operating systems.
The transfer feature is now available on Samsung Galaxy and Pixel smartphones and will also be available on smartphones that launch with the new Android 12 update.
Transfer data from iPhone to Samsung phone
The following steps should work for transferring data from iPhone to any Samsung device running Android 10 or later. However, for this, the user will need to make sure that the Samsung device to which they are migrating the chats must be new and not configured yet or must have a factory reset, and they will need to have a USB-C to Lightning cable to connect the phone. Samsung with the iPhone. It is also important to note that the process can be very slow.
- Connect new or factory reset Samsung phone to iPhone via USB-C to Lightning cable and keep them connected via cable until the process is complete.
- When the iPhone pop-up asks if the connected phone is a trusted device, select ‘Trust’.
- Start setting up the Android phone by accepting the terms and conditions and connecting it to the Wi-Fi network.
- The phone will then ask if the user wants to transfer the data from an existing device, to which users have to say ‘yes’, after which the phone will download the latest version of Smart Switch.
- Once Smart Switch is downloaded and launched, select the Transfer from iPhone or iPad option, after which users will have the option to transfer WhatsApp chats from iPhone along with a QR code.
- Users can scan this QR code with their old iPhone or open WhatsApp on iPhone and go to Settings, then Chats and select the option ‘Move chats to Android’.
- Then the iPhone will prepare the chats and data to be transferred, and then it will ask the users to continue the steps indicated on the Samsung phone.
- The Samsung phone will ask users about the other data they want to transfer from iPhones, such as contacts, pictures, SMS, etc., and they can select what they want to transfer based on their preferences.
- Post this, Smart Switch will ask users to install WhatsApp on Samsung phone, along with any other apps they want from their old phone.
- After this, the transfer process will start and will take between 30 minutes and 1 hour, depending on the amount of data that needs to be transferred.
- After the data transfer is complete, users will need to open WhatsApp on their new phone and log in with the same number they were using on their iPhone.
- Once the login is complete, the user will be asked if they want to transfer their chat history from the iPhone, which post they can click ‘Start’ if they want to transfer the chats.
Then the transfer will be completed.
Transfer WhatsApp Chat Backup from iPhone to Non-Samsung Android
For users who don’t have a new non-Samsung Android phone and want to transfer chats from their iPhone, there is a process. It’s not that this feature doesn’t work on Samsung phones, but it’s just that a much better process has been introduced and therefore this one is not recommended as this process is cumbersome and time consuming. This process requires a user to transfer chats one by one and therefore it is recommended that users prioritize and only transfer important chats.
- In the WhatsApp application for iPhone, the user will have to swipe left on the chat that they want to transfer and then touch ‘More’.
- In the menu that appears, select the ‘Export Chat’ option and then select ‘Mail’ from the ‘Share’ menu.
- After this, the mailbox will open with the chat as an attachment. Send this email to an email address that you can access on your new Android phone.
- On the Android phone, open the mail and download the attachment. Before proceeding, repeat these steps for each chat that you need to transfer. It should be noted that this will cause users to end up with multiple emails from WhatsApp chats.
- Once all the chats have been downloaded to the Android phone, download the WhatsApp application or if it is already installed, remove it and reinstall it.
- Complete the WhatsApp login process, after which the application will display the option to restore the backup, which should be selected by clicking ‘Restore’ and then ‘Next’.
After this, all the chats sent by email will appear on the Android phone.
Final words: How to Move all your WhatsApp data from iPhone to Android
I hope you understand this article How to Move all your WhatsApp data from iPhone to Android, if your answer is no then you can ask anything via contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes then please share this article with your family and friends.