This tutorial is about the How to move passwords from Apple to Android Device. We will try our best so that you understand this guide. I hope you like this blog How to move passwords from Apple to Android Device. If your answer is yes then please do share after reading this.
Check How to move passwords from Apple to Android Device
This tutorial explains how to transfer password from Apple to Android. We will do our best to make sure you understand this guide. Hope you liked this blog How to Transfer Password from Apple to Android. If your answer is yes, share it after reading it.
In today’s world, each user has multiple accounts with different services. This applies to both web pages and mobile applications. On their iPhone, users can log into apps like Snapchat, Instagram, Facebook, Shazam, Hulu, and many more. These passwords are no longer remembered by everyone. As a result, iPhone and Apple users often use iCloud Keychain. This application will remember all your passwords. This tutorial will teach you how to transfer password from iPhone to Android smartphone. This applies to all passwords and login credentials saved with iCloud Keychain.
The benefit and purpose of doing so is primarily convenience. It’s almost difficult to keep track of all the passwords. Therefore, when switching from an iPhone to an Android device, logging into each application or website requires selecting the “forgotten password” option or incredible memory. Also, since most Apple users avoid using third-party password managers, exporting is quite difficult.
How to Transfer Passwords from iPhone to Android
This process uses MrC’s Convert to 1Password utility. It works quite well and you should be using it on Mac OSX for this guide specifically. Since, the iCloud Keychain application on Mac is the base of operations for it.
The utility converts iCloud Keychain data into a 1-password readable format. Once exported, we import it into the 1Password application for Mac and let it load. Just use this same account on Android device and sync all passwords.
Export iCloud Keychain Data to Local Keychain
- Please note that you cannot export data directly from iCloud, so copy the data to a local keychain first.
- To do so, open the Keychain Access app. Click File> New Keychain. Name it local-icloud. Remember the password you entered for the local keychain you just created.
- Open iCloud Keychain in the Keychains section. Copy all your content to the right with the cmd + C keys.
- Paste these items in local-icloud using cmd + V keys.
- Users must enter the password for the local keychain-icloud at each entry.
- Alternatively, run Apple Script by creating a new script file. Run it after pasting the content. You will automatically enter the password each time you do so. Replace MYPASSWORD with your newly created password.
set keychainPassword to “MYPASSWORD” tell application “System events” repeat as long as it exists (processes where name is “SecurityAgent”) tell process “SecurityAgent” set at first to trueif (window count)> 0 then set window_name to name the front window and try # keystroke “Password” keystroke keychainPassworddelay 0.1 keystroke return delay 0.1 on error: do nothing to bypass error trend tryend telldelay 0.4end repeatend tell
- If you don’t know or understand how to run Applescript, do it the traditional way.
- Once this is done, all the passwords from the iCloud keychain are copied to the newly created local keychain.
Convert to readable form with 1 password
- Download this FILE and place it on your desktop. Unzip it to the desktop. It is important!
- Then find “AppleScript_Conversion_Helper.app” within it.
- Run it and select the local-icloud you created in the previous section.
- Enter the password when prompted. This is the local-icloud password.
- After the utility script completes, you will get a .1pif format file on your desktop.
Import into 1Password app
- All the hard work is basically done at this point!
- Go ahead and install the 1Password application on your Mac.
- Create an account and log in with it.
- Now click on the Import option in the menu.
- Select the .1pif file created in the previous step.
- It will automatically upload all passwords to your account.
Install 1Password on Android
- Open the Play Store on your Android device and install the 1Password app.
- Login with the same credentials as in step 3.
- It will automatically sync all passwords and usernames.
Final words: How to move passwords from Apple to Android Device
I hope you understand this article How to move passwords from Apple to Android Device, if your answer is no then you can ask anything via contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes then please share this article with your family and friends.
- The Most Annoying iOS 16 Issues on Your iPhone and How to Fix Them « iOS & iPhone :: Gadget Hacks
- Netflix establishes an internal games studio in Helsinki, led by former Zynga GM • TechCrunch
- How to repair automated time syncing in Windows 11
- You’re in fur a treat with these games! – News
- 5 Smart Tech Gadgets That Upgrade Your Office-Life
- Black Ops 2 is One of the Best-Selling Xbox Games Right Now