If you’re a fan of Google devices, you’ll want to know how to speed up your Android phone or tablet. The good news is that there’s one easy way to do that straight out of the box, and it involves enabling developer mode.
But don’t worry if that sounds scary — this trick is actually a lot easier than you might think, and is also a great way to give an old device a new lease of life.
So read on and we’ll show you how to instantly speed up your Android phone or tablet.
How to speed up your Android phone or tablet
1. Open your device’s settings menu and tap “About phone.”
2. Tap “Software information.”
3. Scroll down to “Build number” and tap on it seven times. You will be asked to enter your PIN, password, or pattern.
4. Go back to the main settings menu and scroll to the bottom. You will now see “Developer options” listed there. Tap it to enter the developer menu.
5. Scroll toward the bottom of the developer menu to the “Drawing” section. Then, tap “Window animation scale.”
6. In the next box, select “Animation scale .5x.”
7. Repeat this process for “Transition animation scale.”
8. And also do it for “Animator duration scale.”
And with that, you’re done!
You’ll now notice that switching between apps and opening/closing menus is lightning fast.
If you want to revert back to your previous settings, simply tap on “Developer options” then tap the “On” toggle to switch off the developer mode and restore your previous settings.
Note: As the developer menu contains a lot of advanced settings that could potentially cause issues with your device, we don’t recommend making changes to any other options in there.
Looking for more Android tutorials? You might find our guides on How to change Quick Settings on Android 12 and How to use the new Privacy Dashboard on Android 12 useful.