This tutorial is about the How To Transfer Chats in WhatsApp From iPhone To Android. We will try our best so that you understand this guide. I hope you like this blog How To Transfer Chats in WhatsApp From iPhone To Android. If your answer is yes then please do share after reading this.
Check How To Transfer Chats in WhatsApp From iPhone To Android
WhatsApp is one of the most used instant messaging applications in the world. While it has been improved over the years with additional new features, one of the main red flags is the inability to move chats between platforms. WhatsApp provides backup and restore functions, but it only works when switching from one Android to another Android, or from an iPhone to another Android. If you are switching from an Android device to an iPhone or vice versa, there was no intended way to transfer your chat and media history from one phone to another.
Fortunately, that has changed with the official WhatsApp announcement at the launch of the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 last month. For now, WhatsApp has granted the ability to transfer chats from iPhone to Android device. However, currently this feature is only supported by Samsung phones, but the feature will be available for all Android devices in the future. If Samsung’s new foldable devices convinced you to switch to Android from an iPhone, here’s how you can transfer all your WhatsApp data, including chats and media, from your old iPhone to your new Android device.
While WhatsApp has published a help article with instructions to transfer WhatsApp data from your old iPhone to your new Android, we found that the steps illustrated in the article are not entirely accurate and following them will not help you migrate your data. That is why we decided to simplify the process for you by breaking down the steps we follow to carry out the migration process successfully. We migrate from an iPhone 12 Pro to a Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra. However, the process should work on any Samsung device with Android 10 or higher.
How to export WhatsApp chats from iPhone
- Open WhatsApp and swipe left on the chat you want to bring to your new Android phone.
- Tap on the ‘More’ button and select the ‘Export chat’ option.
- Now select the Mail option and enter your email address to send the mail.
- Repeat this process for all the chats you want to transfer to your new Android phone.
How to import WhatsApp chats from iPhone to Android
- Download all WhatsApp exports from your mail to your Android phone.
- Install a fresh copy of WhatsApp on your phone from the Play Store.
- Open WhatsApp and follow the setup process.
- During the setup process, you will be asked if you want to ‘Restore’ old chats, tap on ‘Restore’.
- Once the restoration is complete, press the next button and start using your WhatsApp.
Now that your chats have been transferred, you can set your Android phone to continue automatically backing up and saving them to your Google Drive. Here’s how you can set up automatic WhatsApp backups for Android:
- Open WhatsApp and tap on the three dots located in the upper right corner.
- Tap on Settings and then tap on ‘Chats’.
- In the Chats section, select the ‘Chat Backup’ option and tap on the ‘Backup to Google Drive’ option.
- Select the frequency and time of the backup.
- Choose the Google account you want to backup your chats to.
- Select whether you want to include videos in your backups or not.
Once you do this, all your WhatsApp chats will automatically be backed up to Google Drive. This will make it easier for you to restore and update your phone later.
Final words: How To Transfer Chats in WhatsApp From iPhone To Android
I hope you understand this article How To Transfer Chats in WhatsApp From iPhone To Android, if your answer is no then you can ask anything via contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes then please share this article with your family and friends.