This tutorial is about the How to Transfer Messages from old iPhone to new iPhone. We will try our best so that you understand this guide. I hope you like this blog How to Transfer Messages from old iPhone to new iPhone. If your answer is yes then please do share after reading this.
Check How to Transfer Messages from old iPhone to new iPhone
We reveal how to transfer messages and iMessages starting with an iPhone and then to the next, how to set up Messages in iCloud so that all of your messages are backed up to the cloud and streamed to all your Apple devices. Also, we checked how you can back up your text messages to Mac or PC.
Moving all your information, including photos and messages, to another iPhone is usually a simple and meaningful interaction as long as you have a backup of your old iPhone. We move on to setting up another iPhone here. In this article, we’ll see how to back up all your instant messages to appear on your new iPhone, and what to do if you set up your new iPhone only to see that your old instant messages did not appear. which can be a real disgrace if they have a melancholic value.
How to Transfer Messages from iPhone to iPhone without iCloud / iTunes
Most of the users who have not backed up to iCloud or iTunes find it difficult to transfer messages from iPhone to iPhone. Don’t worry, there is an easy way to transfer your data without iCloud or iTunes. All you have to use is MobileTrans – Phone Transfer on your macOS or Windows system. To learn how to transfer messages from iPhone to iPhone directly with MobileTrans – Phone Transfer, follow these simple steps:
Connect both iOS devices
To get started, you can connect your new and old iDevices to the computer and launch the MobileTrans desktop application. From all the options provided in your home, select the “Phone Transfer” feature.
Select what you want to transfer
The app would detect both devices and mark them as source or destination in no time. Your old iPhone should be the source and the latest iOS device the target. If not, use the flip button to correct your position. Now, simply select the type of data you want to transfer (eg messages) and click the “Start” button once you are ready.
Wait for the transfer to complete
Sit back and wait while MobileTrans would transfer messages from iPhone to iPhone in an instant. Please make sure both devices remain connected until the process is complete. In the end, you will notice that the transfer process is complete so that you can safely remove both phones.
That is all! Now you can easily access all recently transferred messages on your new iPhone.
Transfer Messages from iPhone to iPhone with iCloud
To make it easier for iPhone users to backup and transfer their data, Apple has introduced iCloud integration. By default, each Apple ID user gets 5GB free space in iCloud, which can be expanded by purchasing more storage. You can sync your data with iCloud or take a backup first to restore it to the new phone later.
To learn how to transfer messages from iPhone to iPhone with iCloud, follow these steps:
- If you have enough space on iCloud, you can back up your messages to the cloud. Go to your phone’s iCloud settings and enable the iCloud backup option. From here, also activate the function to include your messages in the backup.
- Apple has also introduced a feature to sync messages to iCloud for devices running on iOS 11.4 and later versions. So, if your phone is running iPhone 11.4 or newer iOS firmware, go to Settings> Messages and turn on Messages in iCloud.
- Tap the “Sync Now” button to sync your messages with iCloud right away. Later, you can use the same iCloud account while setting up the device and the messages will sync on the new phone as well.
- If you have simply backed up your messages to iCloud, you need to select the option to restore data from iCloud backup while setting up your device. Here, you need to log into your iCloud account and select the recent backup to restore.
- Please note that the option to restore data from iCloud backup is only available when setting up a new iPhone. So, if you are already using your iPhone, you need to go to Settings> General> Reset and factory reset your device beforehand.
- The option to restore an iCloud backup is only available when setting up a new phone.
- Restoring an iCloud backup will delete the existing data on your phone.
- The entire backup would be restored and you cannot transfer your messages selectively.
Transfer messages from iPhone to iPhone via iTunes
Like iCloud, users have the option to transfer messages from iPhone to iPhone through iTunes. First of all, you need to backup your old iPhone to iTunes and then restore the same backup to the target iPhone. However, you should know that in the process, the existing data on your new iPhone will be deleted as the backup content will overwrite it. Also, both devices must be running on supported iOS versions for a smooth transfer. To learn how to transfer messages from iPhone to iPhone with iTunes, you can follow these steps.
- First of all, connect your existing iPhone to your computer and launch an updated version of iTunes on it. Go to the devices icon in iTunes and select your connected iPhone.
- Now, go to the Summary section in iTunes and click the “Backup Now” button in the Backups section. Make sure to back up to “This Computer” instead of iCloud.
- Once you have backed up your old device, disconnect it and connect the new iPhone to iTunes. If you are configuring your phone for the first time, you will receive a corresponding message to complete your configuration. From here, you can choose to restore a previous iTunes backup to your phone.
- In case you are already using your phone, go to the Summary section and click the “Restore” button. A pop-up window will open for you to select an existing backup to restore to your new iPhone.
• The entire backup would be restored (in addition to the messages)
• The existing data on your new iPhone will be deleted in the process.
• Users often face compatibility issues between different versions of iOS.
How to Transfer Messages from iPhone to iPhone Without Computer
If you don’t want to use a computer to transfer messages from iPhone to iPhone, you can use the AirDrop feature. It is the native Apple feature that supports devices running on iOS 7 and later versions. To do this, you must activate the WiFi and Bluetooth functions on both devices. To know the step-by-step process to send your messages by AirDrop, you can follow the steps below.
- First of all, go to the Control Center of your phone and turn on the WiFi and Bluetooth functions. Also, tap on the same section to get AirDrop feature from here too.
- Alternatively, you can also unlock your phones and go to Settings> General> AirDrop to turn it on. To avoid any problems, you can keep your visibility to “Everyone”.
- On the source iPhone, go to the Messages app and select the messages you want to transfer. You can also go to any contact and select all exchanged messages.
- Go to the share icon and from the options provided, tap the AirDrop feature. Select the target device from here and accept incoming data on it to receive your messages.
Final words: How to Transfer Messages from old iPhone to new iPhone
I hope you understand this article How to Transfer Messages from old iPhone to new iPhone, if your answer is no then you can ask anything via contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes then please share this article with your family and friends.