This tutorial is about the How to Update an iPhone to iOS 14. We will try our best so that you understand this guide. I hope you like this blog How to Update an iPhone to iOS 14. If your answer is yes then please do share with your friends after reading this.
Check How to Update an iPhone to iOS 14
Apple, at the product launch event at Apple Park headquarters, launched several products including Apple Watch Series 6, Apple Watch SE, iPad Air, and the 8th generation iPad. In addition to product launches, Apple has also notified that iOS 14 will be available to users as of September 16, 2020. The company released the latest version of iOS prior to the release of the iPhone.
Upgrading to iOS 14 is now much easier. Follow these simple steps to update your iOS device to the latest version wirelessly or using your computer. You can update your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to the latest version of iOS or iPadOS wirelessly. If you cannot see the update on your device, you can update manually using your computer.
It is important that you make a backup of your device before performing an update.
Make a backup using iCloud
Apple’s iCloud is definitely the easiest way to backup your iPhone. Here’s how to do it:
- Connect to a Wi-Fi network.
- Head to your Settings app, select your name, and tap iCloud. If you have iOS 10.2 or earlier, you will have to scroll down to touch iCloud.
- Scroll down and tap iCloud Backup> Back Up Now. If you have iOS 10.2 or earlier, just tap Backup.
- You can check if the backup is complete by going back to Settings, hitting iCloud> iCloud Storage> Manage Storage, and tapping your device on the list.
Back up to a Mac with macOS Catalina
While MacOS 10.15 Catalina may have put the kibosh on Apple’s iconic iTunes, you can still backup your iOS device to the new MacOS. That’s how:
- Connect your iPhone or iPod Touch to your Mac and make sure it is up to date.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to enter your device password or choose Trust this computer.
- Open your Finder app and select your iPhone from the sidebar.
- Press the General tab, then press Backup Now to manually backup.
Back up to a Mac or PC with iTunes
If you are lucky enough to have an older Windows Mac or PC, you can still use iTunes to back up your iPhone or iPod Touch. Here’s how to do it:
- Make sure iTunes is up to date and connect your device.
- Follow the onscreen instructions if you need to enter your device’s passcode, or choose Trust this computer.
- Select your iPhone or iPod Touch in iTunes.
- Press Backup Now to save your data.
Download and install iOS 14
Once you’ve finished backing up your phone, you’re ready to start installing iOS 14. Fortunately, this is probably the easiest part. Head to Settings> General> Software Update and let the system check if an update is available. If available, tap Download and install and wait for the file to download. If it’s not there, make sure you’re using a compatible iPhone, or just wait a bit longer; the update is not posted everywhere at the same time, so it may not have reached your area yet.
Once the update has been downloaded and prepared, you will need to confirm that you want to update, and once your phone has rebooted once more, you will be using iOS 14.
Final words: How to Update an iPhone to iOS 14
I hope you understand this article How to Update an iPhone to iOS 14, if your answer is no then you can ask anything via contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes then please share this article with your family and friends.