This tutorial is about the How to Use Other Account for Resetting a Mac Password. We will try our best so that you understand this guide. I hope you like this blog How to Use Other Account for Resetting a Mac Password. If your answer is yes then please do share after reading this.
Check How to Use Other Account for Resetting a Mac Password
So you’re trying to use your Mac but you can’t get past the login screen because you can’t remember your password. First, make sure that Caps Lock is not turned on, as passwords are case sensitive. Then you should try to use your password hint by clicking the question mark in the password box. However, if you still can’t log in, don’t contact Apple Support yet. Here’s how to reset your administrator password on Mac even if you have forgotten your administrator password. How can I reset a forgotten Mac password with another administrator account? If you have more than one user account on your Mac, try logging in with a different administrator account and you can easily change another user’s password.
Mac user account password reset
- Restart your Mac, hold down Command + R when you see the Apple logo.
- You will be greeted with the macOS Utilities dialog when it loads.
- Select Utilities> Terminal from the top menu.
- In Terminal, type reset password and press Return.
- In the Reset Password dialog box, click “Forgot all passwords” to reset the password for all user accounts.
- Click “Set Password” and enter a new password for each user.
- Click “Exit Recovery Utilities”, restart your Mac, and log in again with your new password.
Final words: How to Use Other Account for Resetting a Mac Password
I hope you understand this article How to Use Other Account for Resetting a Mac Password, if your answer is no then you can ask anything via contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes then please share this article with your family and friends.