– Advertising –
Either you’re switching from your old phone to a newer one, or you might want to share an app with your friend, whatever the case, now you want to know How to transfer apps from Android to Android. Users can transfer apps from Android to Android using third party apps or some backup settings. This article covers all the safe and step-by-step ways to transfer apps between Androids.
Different ways to transfer apps from Android to Android
- Smart Switch (for Samsung users)
- AirDroid &pp
- Using the Android File Manager tool
- backup method
Smart switch method
Smart Switch can not only between Samsung phones, but also from any Android to Samsung or iPhone to Samsung. Users can use this method to transfer apps, data, contacts, etc. Follow the steps below to find out How to transfer apps from Android to Android:
- Install the Smart Switch app on your previous phone.
- Open the app on your previous phone
- Go to your Samsung Galaxy > Open Setting > Find out Smart Switch and open it
– Advertising –
- Allow all permissions for the new app
- So connect both phones, select your older phone > tap Send data > select Galaxy > tap wireless
- On your newer phone, tap Receive Data > From Android/Galaxy > Select Wireless
- Once both devices are connected, the user can start to transfer the apps or data from the older phone to the newer one.
Read more: 5 Best Free Astrology Apps for Android in 2023
– Advertising –
A mobile management and file transfer app that can help users to transfer apps as well as other important data between androids. Other data includes multimedia, documents, files, etc. AirDroid app is also available for Android, iOS, Windows and web.
So not just one answer for How to transfer apps from Android to Android but is also useful for data transfer to other devices.
Before using AirDroid for app transfer, first go through its features so that you can use it to the maximum:
- No cloud storage required, cross-platform services are available
- Users can be assured of safe and fast sharing
- No restrictions on specific data types, users can send data over different networks
- Data transfer at a speed of 20 MB/s
- Ensures that the quality of the transmitted data is not affected
- Not only casts the apps, but also has features like remote camera, remote access, SMS and notifications management, mirroring
Follow the steps below to find out How to transfer apps from Android to Android with AirDroid:
- Install the AirDroid app from the Google Play Store on both of your Android devices
- Use the same email credentials on both Android devices and sign up for AirDroid.
- Go to My Devices in the AirDroid app and on both Android devices
- Go to the attachment icon on the previous Android > tap the apps you want to transfer to the new device
- When you’re done, click the Send button to start the transfer
ES File Explorer method
ES file explorer already exists on Android devices. Where all our multimedia, documents and files usually stay. But besides storing multimedia and other data, most users don’t need to be aware of the fact that it has other functions as well. And transferring apps between androids is one of them.
The file manager can play videos, edit them and transfer data. Users can use Wi-Fi to transfer and backup apps and files. Converting apps to APK files will be a tedious process. What you can do is select the ES sender for app transfer.
Steps to transfer the apps from Android to Android using ES File Explorer:
- Install the file manager on both Android devices, if not, install it on both Android devices
- After launching the app, go to the shortcuts and open the ES transmitter
- Once you open ES Sender, it offers options for sharing music, documents, videos, and apps.
- Click the Send button on the previous Android and the Receive button on the newer Android > Now select the apps you want to send to the newer device
- Once you click the Submit button, apps will be transferred to the new app
- Once the transfer is complete, the user can find shared data in the folder named ESShare
Read more: How to use Android apps and games without downloading and installing them?
This is a basic and probably common method that you will come across. If you don’t want to go through the hassle of installing new apps on your device. You can easily use the backup method to transfer not only apps but other data as well. Be it contacts, messages, videos, music or even passwords.
All you have to do is transfer all necessary data to your Drive account, sign in to another Android’s Drive account with the same credentials, and you’re all there you wanted. Follow the further steps to find out How to transfer apps from android to android with the backup and restore process:
- Select your older Android device > go to settings
- Tap System > Select Google > Next select Backup
- Activate the backup option
- Also, tap “Backup by Google One” > it will backup to cloud storage
- Add the same Google account on your new Android device (connect to WiFi)
- Tap the “Copy your data” option > click “Next” to continue
- Make sure both devices are connected to the same WiFi network
- A new Android device will ask you to select the Google account to restore the backup
- Choose the same Google account as on your previous Android
- Once done, you will be prompted to mark the data you want to restore and you can select the apps you want to restore. It doesn’t need more.
Now you know different methods for How to transfer apps from android to android with Some methods may be a bit critical for you, while others may have device limitations. So it is up to you which one you choose accordingly. Besides, these methods can be used for more than just transferring apps between androids, which is an added benefit as well.
Read more: How to delete unwanted WhatsApp media from your Android phone?
– Advertising –