DuckDuckGo, the well-known iPhone browser that goals to assist customers have a non-public, quick, and safe looking expertise, is asserting right now its Mac app. Accessible as a public beta, right here’s every little thing you have to find out about it.
The browser makes use of built-in privateness protections like personal search, tracker blocking, web site encryption, and e mail safety. Downloaded over 150 million occasions since 2018, the crew behind DuckDuckGo determined it was time to convey the “privateness, simplified” expertise to desktops and laptops.
DuckDuckGo for Mac is an all-in-one privateness answer for on a regular basis looking with no difficult settings, only a “seamless personal expertise” alongside some new options. Listed here are its three pillars:
- DuckDuckGo for Mac provides you privateness by default: It has a built-in personal search engine, highly effective tracker blocker, new cookie pop-up safety on roughly 50% of websites (with that % rising considerably all through beta), Fireplace Button (one-click information clearing), e mail safety, and extra;
- A quick browser: Through the use of the pc’s built-in web site rendering engine (the identical one Safari makes use of), and by blocking trackers earlier than they load, customers will get actually quick looking. The corporate says the browser is quicker than Chrome on some graphics efficiency (utilizing the Movement Mark 1.2. benchmark) and as a further profit, by blocking trackers, DuckDuckGo makes use of about 60% much less information than Chrome;
- Constructed for safety: DuckDuckGo built-in Smarter Encryption ensures consumer’s navigate to the encrypted (HTTPS) model of an internet site extra usually, and its tracker blocking means much less publicity to third-party scripts that might attempt to entry your information. All in-app information, like historical past, bookmarks, and passwords, by default are solely saved domestically on a consumer’s system and aren’t accessible to DuckDuckGo.
DuckDuckGo for Mac isn’t merely a substitute for “Incognito mode” (which isn’t truly personal!) – as a substitute DuckDuckGo for Mac is designed for use as an on a regular basis browser that really protects your privateness. Now we have the options you count on from a browser like password administration, tab administration, bookmarks, and extra, plus privateness options you’ll love.
strive DuckDuckGo’s beta Mac app?
For the reason that DuckDuckGo Mac app is at present in beta, customers are required to affix a non-public waitlist. Right here’s how one can be a part of it:
- Obtain the DuckDuckGo cellular app (or replace to the most recent model).
- Open Settings > DuckDuckGo for Desktop (within the Privateness part).
- Click on “Be a part of the Personal Waitlist.”
- If you’re granted an invitation code, you’ll get a notification from the app. The notification will take you to an invitation code and a hyperlink to the obtain web page to be opened in your desktop/laptop computer.
As of now, solely Mac customers can ask to take part within the take a look at. A Home windows model is coming within the close to future.
What do you consider this information? Share your ideas within the feedback part beneath.
FTC: We use revenue incomes auto affiliate hyperlinks. Extra.
Try 9to5Mac on YouTube for extra Apple information: