1. When Windows 11 first came out, the biggest fuss was made about the new hardware specifications. Also, you cannot install the operating system if your computer still has a 32-bit CPU; It only supports 64-bit Intel/AMD and ARM processors.
2. For some users, this is a big problem because Windows 10 allows you to display wider and more informative taskbar buttons and position them at the bottom, side or even the top of the screen. Both are missing in Windows 11.
3. The icons in 11 do not display any app-related information like the Windows 10 tiles do. The previous operating system also offers easy access to the power buttons (shutdown, restart, hibernate) and the settings app.
4. In Windows 11, you can click a system tray icon or press Windows Key-S to show the search box, but there’s nothing quite like having a search box waiting for you in the same place all the time. This is available in Windows 10 right next to the Start button.
5. While swiping in from left or right in Windows 10, you’ll see the extremely helpful Task View and Action Center. Whole new multi-finger gestures are available with Windows 11.
Microsoft introduces Windows 11 2022 update
Privacy and security updates
Microsoft has added Smart App Control to the Windows 11 operating system. By preventing Windows 11 from running script files, malicious macros, or untrusted or unregistered applications, the new Smart App Control tool allows users to install new apps and services with confidence.
6. Windows 11 requires a Microsoft account to sign in.
7. Windows 11 organizes its features into a fragmented, rather illogical structure instead of the organized all-in-one action center for alerts and quick settings, somewhat mirroring the disorganized spread of notification boxes you’ll find in macOS (although not quite as bad ). ). If you are using Windows 10, you can check the battery life by clicking the battery icon and change the Wi-Fi network by pressing the Wi-Fi button.
8. As with other major operating system upgrades, some features will be added and others removed. The Timeline, Live Tiles and Internet Explorer are the three biggest features to disappear from Windows in version 11. You can still use Internet Explorer in the Microsoft Edge browser if you are using an outdated business program that requires IE. But the timeline is now lost in the mists of the past.
9. In earlier versions of Windows, any application can be added to the right-click context menu of File Explorer. If you select the “Show more options” menu option, you can still access it. They still have a small excuse not to update if this irritates you (as some people do according to web forums and comment areas like ours).
10. What is the rush to upgrade to Windows 11 when Microsoft supports Windows 10 until October 2025? If you’re happy with Windows 10, you don’t necessarily need to upgrade.
Frequently asked Questions:
- What does Windows 10 cost?
- How many GB is Windows 10?
Microsoft used the update to increase the Windows 10 install size from 16GB for 32-bit versions and 20GB for 64-bit versions to 32GB for both.
Disclaimer: This content is created by an external agency. The views expressed here are those of the respective authors/entities and do not represent the views of Economic Times (ET). ET does not guarantee, sponsor or endorse any Content and is in no way responsible for it. Please take all necessary steps to ensure that all information and content provided is correct, updated and verified. ET hereby disclaims any warranties, express or implied, with respect to the report and the content therein.