The gambling industry has experienced a boom in recent years. Introduced in 2001, Xbox is one of the most widely used gaming services. Xbox competes with Sony’s PlayStation and Nintendo’s GameClub.
According to recent reports, Microsoft announced that Xbox monthly active users (MAU) have increased to 120 million on the back of the success of Game Pass and Xbox Series S.
The countries that support Microsoft Xbox services are India, USA, UK, Spain, Africa, Russia, Japan, Korea, Australia and more.
List of the top 5 Xbox games from MAU worldwide
As of December 2022, here is the list of top rated games based on MAU played worldwide on both Xbox Series S and Xbox Series X platforms.
- Fourteen days: Fortnite was released in 2017 and is an online video game by Epic Games. Fortnite is divided into three different game modes – Fortnite Battle Royaleis a free-to-play battle royale game with up to 100 players fighting to stand tall at the end; Fortnite: save the world, is a cooperative hybrid tower defense shooter and survival game in which four players fight zombie-like creatures and defend objects with traps and fortifications they build; and Fortnite creativewhere players can create their worlds and battle arenas.
- Call of Duty (Modern Warfare II/ Warzone 2.0): Popularly abbreviated to COD, it is a first-person shooter game franchise developed by Activision Publishing. COD made its debut in 2003 and was themed around the outline of World War II. Over the years, the COD sub-series have rounded out on themes related to the Cold War, futuristic worlds and the modern age. The most recent title, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II, was released in 2022.
- High on Life: A first-person shooter single-player video game was released in December last year. The game is developed by Squanch Games. High on Life is a comedic game with action-adventure and metroidvania elements. The game revolves around the sci-fi world with talking guns. Here, players are tasked with assassinating selected targets and making their way through the target’s lair, then fighting the targets in a boss fight.
- Grand Theft Auto V: GTA-V was released in 2013 and is played from a third-person or first-person perspective as a single player. GTA-V is an Action-Adventure based game developed by Rockstar North and published by Rockstar Games. The game is set in a fictional state of San Andreas based on Southern California. The story follows three protagonists – retired bank robber Michael De Santa, street thug Franklin Clinton and drug dealer and gun smuggler Trevor Philip – and their plan to pull off a heist while under pressure from a corrupt government agency and criminals.
- NBA 2K23: As the name suggests, NBA 2K23 is a National Basketball Association (NBA) themed video game. It was released by 2K Sports in September 2022 and is the successor to NBA 2K22.